This year for Ada Lovelace Day, I would like to thank three special IT women: Mary Loftus, Pam O’Brien, Catherine Cronin. (pictured from left to right above.) I’m trying to remember how our connection began…I believe it was via another special woman, Pam Moran and #edchatie. Our connection was immediate and I have learned (and continue to learn) so much from our exchanges online and offline. In a very short time, our community has grown into a hashtag (#ITWomen), has generated conference proposals (for both Grace Hopper & SXSWedu) and now includes many more women in IT and educational leadership. I am thankful every day to call these amazing women my friends.
You too can contribute to Ada Lovelace Day!
Just follow these three simple steps:
- Write about a women in science, technology, engineering or maths whose achievements you admire.
- Publish your story online.
- Visit our directory of stories and either join up or log in.
- Add your story to our collection.
- Tell your friends! Twitter hashtag is #ald12